Moderaatorid: Jaanus, KAIKUL, Strike, Erki, jagr

Vasta
marko1509
I järgu kommentaator
I järgu kommentaator

Re: VW lahkub WRC-st 2016 lõppedes??

Postitus Postitas marko1509 »

Vahula kirjutas:http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor ... p-end-2016

Mitteametlik kinnitus olemas. Kolmapäeval peaks ametlik teade tulema.
See on ikka täitsa p..... värk!
Vahula
Diagnoos: rallisõltlane

Postitus Postitas Vahula »

DMACK Tyres ‏@DMACK_Tyres 3m3 minutes ago
. @voiceofrally We’ve got space for a couple of drivers in the DMACK WRC Team!

:D :D
STI
I järgu kommentaator
I järgu kommentaator

Postitus Postitas STI »

Panen igaks juhuks siia enne kui leht päris kokku kukub:
Updated: Volkswagen quits World Rally Championship at end of 2016
Volkswagen will end its WRC programme at the end of 2016, Autocar sources have confirmed; decision follows sister company Audi's withdrawal from the WEC

by Greg Kable
31 October 2016

Volkswagen will end its World Rally Championship (WRC) programme at the end of this season, Autocar can exclusively reveal.

In a meeting held in Wolfsburg on Tuesday morning, the German car maker’s board vowed to retain the 200 employees at its Volkswagen Motorsport division, with plans for them to focus on the VW Golf TCR customer car and other motorsport programmes within the Volkswagen Group, possibly including Skoda's rally programme.

An official statement confirming the end to Volkswagen’s WRC involvement is set to be made on Wednesday, after affected staff have been told of the decision.

“The priority is to advise our employees of the plans first,” a senior source revealed. “We will then make the decision to pull out of the WRC public. Until then, there will be nothing official.”

Despite developing an all-new Polo WRC to 2017 WRC regulations, Volkswagen does not intend to provide it to customer teams.

"The costs involved in developing the 2017 car will be absorbed into the existing R&D budget. There are no plans to offer it through a customer programme. It will be mothballed," Autocar's source revealed.

Volkswagen‘s departure from the WRC comes after a hugely successful campaign that resulted in it winning four manufacturer and driver championships throughout the 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 seasons.

Volkswagen’s tally of WRC victories presently stands at 41, with the Australian round of the 2016 championship providing one last chance for a further win.

Volkswagen's sister company Audi axed its WEC programme last week after 18 years; officials confirmed it plans to switch its focus to Formula E.
Rainiz.
I järgu kommentaator
I järgu kommentaator

Postitus Postitas Rainiz. »

Vahula kirjutas:DMACK Tyres ‏@DMACK_Tyres 3m3 minutes ago
. @voiceofrally We’ve got space for a couple of drivers in the DMACK WRC Team!

:D :D
Haha :D Aga tegelt on päris kurb
Polkovniku lesk
I järgu kommentaator
I järgu kommentaator

Postitus Postitas Polkovniku lesk »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126936

Autosport.com kinnitab ka, et võeti lahkumisotsus vastu.
KRUUDA MAAILMAMEISTRIKS
blsh
III järgu kommentaator
III järgu kommentaator

Postitus Postitas blsh »

Väga-väga kahju.. just siis kui hakkab tõsiselt huvitavaks minema.
Rainiz.
I järgu kommentaator
I järgu kommentaator

Postitus Postitas Rainiz. »

Nüüd tahaks näha seda sõitjate liigutamist. Kas võib juhtuda ka see, et see uus Polo läheb kuskile era kätesse ja tuleb a'la Powerdrive tiim Polodega sõitma?
Trw
II järgu kommentaator
II järgu kommentaator

Postitus Postitas Trw »

Rainiz. kirjutas:Nüüd tahaks näha seda sõitjate liigutamist. Kas võib juhtuda ka see, et see uus Polo läheb kuskile era kätesse ja tuleb a'la Powerdrive tiim Polodega sõitma?
Ei. Artiklis on kirjas et 17' auto erakätesse ei satu.
schalke

Postitus Postitas schalke »

Jah, loodame et see doominoeffekti ei vallanda. Sõitjate osas usutavasti sama põnevus jätkub. Tööta nad ei jää. Ott ka ilmselt ei jää. Surve alla jäävad Evansid, Breenid, Abbringud, Kruudad, Camillid, Ostbergid.
F-1 ennustusvõistluse võitja 2006; DTM ennustusvõistluse võitja 2011
stout
II järgu kommentaator
II järgu kommentaator

Postitus Postitas stout »

Rainiz. kirjutas:Nüüd tahaks näha seda sõitjate liigutamist. Kas võib juhtuda ka see, et see uus Polo läheb kuskile era kätesse ja tuleb a'la Powerdrive tiim Polodega sõitma?
Viimaste uudiste järgi ei tule mingit eratiimi Polo WRC-ga. Väga kahju, et ära lähevad. Kas on lootust, et ühe-kahe-kolme aasta pärast, kui see skandaal vaibunud ja unustatud on, siis tulevad tagasi?
Lithium
Rallifoorum 24/7
Rallifoorum 24/7
Has thanked: 1
Meeldimisi saanud: 2

Postitus Postitas Lithium »

Keegi nendest võiks Oti kõrvale minna :P
Söörlöne!
Silk
Rallifoorum 24/7
Rallifoorum 24/7
Meeldimisi saanud: 1

Postitus Postitas Silk »

Ilmselt lähebki
domaza
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas domaza »

Laias laastus ametlik, autosport.com ei eksi üldjuhul:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... out-of-wrc - Volkswagen to pull out of WRC at end of 2016

Volkswagen will quit the World Rally Championship at the end of the 2016 season.

Autosport's sources have confirmed the decision was taken at a board meeting in VW headquarters in Wolfsburg on Tuesday morning.

There had been hopes that VW could be granted a single-season extension to make use of the all-new 2017 specification Polo R WRC that it has developed, but those hopes were extinguished in the meeting.

What next for WRC and Ogier?

Instead, the programme - like sister firm Audi's World Endurance Championship commitment - will be canned at the end of 2016.

VW has made no official comment on the decision.

Rally Australia, later this month, will mark the end of four hugely successful seasons at the top of world rallying for the team.

Sebastien Ogier and VW have dominated the drivers' and manufacturers' championships and taken 42 individual rally wins along the way.

The Volkswagen decision means next season's WRC - which features a new rules package with significantly faster cars - will be contested between series regulars Hyundai and M-Sport (Ford) plus returning championship giants Citroen and Toyota.

It also leaves reigning champion Ogier and rally winners Jari-Matti Latvala and Andreas Mikkelsen on the driver market.

VW quits the WRC: The implications for rallying and Sebastien Ogier - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... vw-pullout

Some see Volkswagen's decision to quit the World Rally Championship as inevitable.

How can a company continue to justify a multi-million pound budget to go rallying when billions are being shipped in the wake of the diesel emissions scandal?

Let's be honest, the cost of running the World Rally Championship is a drop in the ocean compared with the bills the group could be facing globally - but this is actually about the public image. This is not a time for men in Volkswagen overalls to be spraying the VW badge in champagne.

Twelve titles in four years or not, there's no room in Volkswagen's bigger picture for a champagne moment.

The only good news for rally fans - and good news might be stretching it - is that this decision has nothing to do with the WRC. It comes from Volkswagen chairman Matthias Mueller doing the sums and saving some face.

There will, of course, be ramifications for the WRC. Volkswagen has been one of its most enthusiastic supporters and investors. Not just in terms of competition cars, but around the service park.

Since it arrived in the world championship as a manufacturer entry in 2013, rallies around the world have benefited from the German firm's backing as an official car supplier, for example.

In 2011, when Volkswagen announced its decision to contest the world championship, it gave the WRC a massive shot in the arm at a time when the series really needed some good news. Here was one of the world's biggest and best carmakers coming to test its mettle and metal in rallying.

Since then, Volkswagen has worked tirelessly to improve not only its own image, but the image of the WRC.

While Jost Capito was in charge, he regularly fought battles for the good of the fans in an attempt to drive the WRC further into the spotlight and the public eye.

Yes, Volkswagen enjoyed huge success off the back of its time in the series, but Hannover found an inclusive way of celebrating to ensure the championship benefited as well.

Its social media campaign has been some of the most innovative and fan-friendly rallying content ever. Volkswagen has changed the way people watch rallying, as well as delivering legions of new fans.

And it's done it off the back of some amount of success. There are lots of stats that could be pulled out from the total dominance Sebastien Ogier, Julien Ingrassia and the Polo R WRC have demonstrated in the last four years, but here's my favourite: since Monte Carlo 2013 the Polo has completed 980 special stages. And won 622 of them.

WHERE WILL THE DRIVERS GO?

Talking of Ogier, the question will inevitably turn to the current world champion and where his future lies.

Plenty feel Ogier will see this as the natural conclusion to a vastly successful career.

He's always said he doesn't intend to stay forever and his understandable dissatisfaction with the rules and regulations have taken him to the brink of retirement already.

I hope he stays. We need him.

It goes without saying he would find gainful employment in the championship, most likely with his former employer Citroen.

Citroen has signed three drivers for next season, but it would be surprising if there wasn't some scope within driver contracts to accommodate a name like Ogier in the light of recent seismic events.

Ogier and Kris Meeke as team-mates? Could you imagine? We wouldn't be short of news. Or views.

At the same time, there's a huge mutual admiration between Malcolm Wilson and Ogier. The pair talked about a possible deal towards the end of 2011 and relations have always remained very warm ever since.

There might not be the multi-million pound budget required to retain Ogier in Cockermouth, but I wouldn't be surprised if the champion decided to give it a year in the Ford Fiesta RS WRC.

He knows how good the 2017 cars are going to be and the temptation to stay and drive one would surely be irresistible.

Jari-Matti Latvala? Andreas Mikkelsen? Toyota, Citroen or M-Sport. Everything's possible and everything's open... just a few days after we thought the driver market was signed and sealed for next season.

What hurts as much as anything about all of this is the fact that we'll never see just how good that 2017 Polo was. After months and months and thousands and thousands of miles of testing by a man of Marcus Gronholm's calibre, that million-pound motor, that dream World Rally Car... is heading for the scrap heap.

Unbelievable.
Kolin
Moderaator
Moderaator
Has thanked: 2
Meeldimisi saanud: 11
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas Kolin »

Nagu aru saada siis Škoda projekt kukub ka kokku.
Man and machine against mother nature!!!
"I kneel only to god, But I don't see him here"John Abruzzi
Soulbender
IV järgu kommentaator
IV järgu kommentaator

Postitus Postitas Soulbender »

Jääb veel lootus, et Polo 2017 tehnika istutatakse Fabiale.
-saxx-
II järgu kommentaator
II järgu kommentaator

Postitus Postitas -saxx- »

Soulbender kirjutas:Jääb veel lootus, et Polo 2017 tehnika istutatakse Fabiale.
kindlasti mitte
domaza
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas domaza »

Kolin kirjutas:Nagu aru saada siis Škoda projekt kukub ka kokku.
Pigem on sõnastus, et tulevasi töötuid kaasatakse Skoda programmi seal uudises - minu meelest.
Oliverk
I järgu kommentaator
I järgu kommentaator

Postitus Postitas Oliverk »

Pilt

Tsevooooooo...?
STI
I järgu kommentaator
I järgu kommentaator

Postitus Postitas STI »

Oliverk kirjutas:Pilt

Tsevooooooo...?
Wilson sina või?
blsh
III järgu kommentaator
III järgu kommentaator

Postitus Postitas blsh »

Samas kui Ott ja Seb Ford-is ja Michelin-idega andma hakkavad võib uuesti põnevaks minna :). Kahju lihtsalt, et sport üldiselt kaotab VW lahkumisest.
Vasta